It has been a very very long time since we last blogged, we have also been with out the internet for almost 6 months, as many know we have been living here and there with spencers new job in Altamont, UT housing is a huge issue here and there was nothing available finally The company spencer works for had a house come avaliable for us to rent, it is perfect for our family, there are 5 bedrooms and 3 baths, the kitchen is huge which Is a huge thing for me, it is so nice that everything has a place, even my casserole dishes and pie plates have their own slot in divided drawers, and we have nowhere used all of the space in the kitchen. I have been moving in and out of places for 6 months so when moving in here I was eager to paint, (the company doesn't care what we do to make it our own as they bought the place for the beautiful property and plan to tear it down and build a home here in the future, ) on friday as everything was not even unpacked I painted my kitchen a deep red, about the color of dried blood :)
Abram
Abe as may of you know is very bright and ambitious, he never ceases to amaze me. on Thursday abe went to spencer to have him fix his training wheels, but the tools were not here, so spence took the training wheels off, abe was devastated for over a half hour. once he calmed down within 15 min he was riding his bike all by himself up and down our sloped driveway, with a few more minutes of practice he could start all by himself... a few more and he was turning corners, I surely did not learn how to ride my bike by the time I was 3 1/2!
Zack and Logan are growing like weeds and are anxious to be more and more like their older brother, all of them love to wrestle and kick the ball around, they have a secret hideout that they play in together. Logan has a heart made of crystal, it is very delicate and he has his feelings hurt very easily, but he is so very sweet, he randomly says i love you and gives kisses. Logan is also a dare devil, the other day he climbed onto the table, he was quickly scolded and was told to get down, he simply hoped off the edge.
Zack is wild and as all of my boys are a bundle of energy I think zack is the one who fills up on the most energy.
I often tell spencer he has to increase my budget for groceries because our boys eat so much, almost every morning we have oatmeal, and I make 5 servings of the quick oats for the 3 boys...it is always all gone and most want more, but I have to tell them they ate enough... this is not 5 oatmeal packets, this is 5 cups of water mixed with oats!!! oh how I fear them as teenagers and athletes!!
Spencer is enjoying his job although he works all the time, he is also loving getting some woodworking in, we have a large garage here he is setting up shop in.
I am doing well and am so very happy to be getting settled in our new home, as fun as it was I was getting a little tired living out of a tent one weekend and a one bedroom cabin the next. I have made many friends here and I am amazed at how loving the people are here we feel completely opposite from Saratoga. A friend of mine whacked my hair off again and I love it, I just hope I can have it replicated again, I traded her me making some stuff, because there was some things she wanted, but otherwise she did about a $200 job on my hair! if I had to pay for it I would truly consider paying that to.
Here are some photos :) the picture off the deck with no people in it is the view out of our bedroom in our new house.
Sunday, October 05, 2008
We are Connected again!!
Posted by Dow Family at 3:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am so glad that you found a place to live, it sounds great! And that you have the internet, it will be fun to keep up with you again. Your hair looks great, you should definitely keep your friend around! Looking forward to more updates!
Yeah!!! I'm glad you have a place!! Your hair is darling.
Yay, for a permanent home. I'm sure you'll have it looking like your home in no time. I'm glad things have finally all worked out for the best for you guys. It's too bad, it's been such a long start. It's great to live in a place with good friends. I love your hair!
Ivy you look great! Altamont suits you well! Have fun moving in and getting organized in your new place-that's always the exciting half of a move. Enjoy that awesome view!
I love your haircut! The view from your place is beautiful! It was great to hear from you guys.
How exciting! I am so happy for all that is happening for you guys. More pictures of the hair cut please! It also sounds like I will be seeing you at Thanksgiving :)
So glad you finally got into a house! That must be such a relief for you guys, especially before the holidays. We miss you guys and think of you often. Keep in touch.
Post a Comment